Organization: Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Deadline: open until filled.
Salary: $55,000 – $75,000 to be determined based on qualifications
Description: The Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA), a national nonprofit organization dedicated to mobility for all Americans, seeks a full-time Analytical Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Analytical Accountant works under the immediate supervision of the Director of Finance. The Analytical Accountant works with the Chief Financial Officer, Senior Accountant, and Staff Accountant in carrying out the day-to-day accounting, finance, personnel, grant administration, risk management, and budgeting functions for the organization.
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently
- Good follow-up on assignments
- Highly motivated.
- Shared responsibility for all General Ledger functions to include compilation of all necessary support documentation, journal preparation, posting of entries and processing of monthly financial statements,
- Reconcile selected General Ledger accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis.
- Responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant in preparing audit schedules in conjunction with the Association’s annual independent audit.
- Preparing agreed upon Financial Reports and Supplemental Financial Schedules for monthly Board Finance Committee meetings as well as the three annual Board meetings.
- Ensure payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and cash receipts functions are properly coded and accurate before posting to the General Ledger.
- Shared responsibility for the daily processing of incoming credit card payments.
- Processes all of accounts payables which, includes recording invoices, selecting vouchers for payment, ensuring authorized checks are mailed, and resolving any issues with outstanding invoices and file maintenance.
- Assists the Director of Finance with monitoring and releasing appropriate payables timely.
General Finance Office Management
- Serve as the Travel Manger for Egencia which includes, downloading monthly reports, updating project codes, new user set up, termination of accounts and general maintenance of the account.
- Assist with the administration / maintenance of the accounting software system.
- Shared responsibility to keep finance team informed of daily cash balances.
- A degree from an accredited four-year college / university in accounting or finance.
- At least five years of professional work experience either as an Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting Accountant or full-charge Accountant through financial statement preparation in a similar organization.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification from a State governing board desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government and nonprofit accounting practices including fund accounting, related IRS reporting and direct and indirect cost allocations.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and orally and to interface with Program Managers and office staff as required.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Blackbaud accounting systems.
Application Procedure: Email résumé to email@example.com.