Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered for the first round of interviews, submit your application by 5:00 p.m., local time on Friday, October 25, 2019.
Salary: Receive a competitive salary, $66,179 – $89,338 annually. An excellent benefits package to include health and dental insurance, various retirement benefit options in addition to Washington State PERS, and a generous paid leave package.
Description: Intercity Transit seeks a growth-oriented and innovative Database Developer to join its Information Systems Division. This position is full-time and you will be responsible for developing and maintaining database structures to support the agency. Last November, the community overwhelming approved a ballot measure that will provide 40 percent more funding and will allow Intercity Transit to expand public transportation within the community. We are adding staff and investing in technology that will support more robust transit services, including bus rapid transit and innovative demand response programs. IT is nationally recognized and provides fixed route transit, ADA paratransit, and vanpool services to the communities of Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia, and Yelm. We invite you to join us in our mission to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and support data structures, procedures and documentation used to integrate data between disparate systems.
- Develop the Structured Query Language (SQL) and Data Definition Language (DDL) used to process and maintain the data.
- Produce accurate and intuitive reports that meets the needs of stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders on the effective use of business intelligence solutions.
- Assist in providing information for use in data driven decision making
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- An associate’s degree in information systems or a related field.
- Four years of progressive experience demonstrating proficient knowledge in related database management and troubleshooting.
- **An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
- Willing to submit to a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
- Strength in leadership, ethics, planning, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and cultural competency.
- A proven track record of providing exceptional customer service in every interaction.
- Demonstrated the importance of fostering a participatory organizational climate that is open, positive, and supportive.
- The ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Passion for technology, innovation, and data management and manipulation.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of interest and resume that includes your last ten years of work/volunteer/military/school history at www.intercitytransit.com. We will not consider incomplete applications.
Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so an accurate and active email address is essential.
This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered for the first round of interviews, submit your application by 5:00 p.m., local time on Friday, October 25, 2019.