Deputy Regional Administrator
Organization: Federal Transit Administration (2 openings)
Location: Chicago, Ill. and Ft. Worth, Texas
Deadline: July 7
Salary: Chicago: $140,634-170,800 and Ft. Worth: $136,686-170,800
Description: You will serve as the Deputy Regional Administrator of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) in Region V or Region VI under the supervision of the Regional Administrator. As the Deputy Regional Administrator, you will contribute to the mission of the office by assisting the Regional Administrator with the interfacing of different transit needs, environmental issues and the involvement of complex, novel and politically sensitive cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent and speak for the Regional Administrator in the resolution of policy issues with Federal, State and local officials, representatives of the transit industry, technical associations, interests’ groups and the public.
- Administer the Federal Transit programs, including planning, environmental reviews, design, construction, maintenance and operating assistance, compliance with civil rights requirements including ADA, and grants management and oversight.
- Establish policies and goals for the Region and direct the management of regional resources. Evaluate and support organization, personnel, training, budget formulation and administration, financial management and general administrative services.
- Provide executive direction in the provision of financial and technical assistance to Federal, State and local officials associated with the various FTA programs.
- Direct the development and implementation of the regional strategic and workforce plans.
Qualifications: The ideal candidates are senior level professional and has experience supervising, leading and/or managing a workforce that deals with large complex transportation projects with significant knowledge of the transportation industry. The candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to convey ideas and make recommendations to senior internal and external stakeholders. The candidates must have a strong work ethic and be resilient in high pressure and changing environments.
Application Procedure: To view agency announcement and apply, click link below. Application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) are due no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.