Organization: Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT)
Location: Baxter, Minn.
Deadline: July 6
Salary: Up to $91,538 annually
Description: Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) seeks a Design Supervisor. MnDOT is driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
MnDOT offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Training opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities: This position will provide engineering expertise, leadership and support within the Plan Development Section, and will perform all advanced functions required to prepare detailed highway construction/transportation plans to ensure compliance with MnDOT standards and policies. They will exercise supervisory authority so that applicable labor agreements and plans are equitably administered and employees under their jurisdiction will effectively perform assigned job duties to achieve the annual objectives of the section.
Licensed as a Professional Civil engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geosciences and Interior Design or be able to obtain licensure through reciprocity for the Senior engineer level. (If obtaining licensure through reciprocity, a practice pending letter from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to their start date.)
Engineer 2 Graduate:
- A bachelor’s of science degree in civil or construction engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of the fundamentals of engineering exam.
- Two years of post-graduate engineering experience.
- Required at both the engineer senior and engineer 2 graduate level:
- Knowledge of scoping documents, preliminary design concepts, geometric layouts, construction, plan content and organization related to the development and design of highway transportation projects.
- Experience using Windows based operating systems, spreadsheet and word-processing software applications.
- If advanced to the finalist pool, you will be assessed on the following criteria during a job interview:
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to clearly and concisely communicate information to customers, stakeholders and occasionally the public.
- Human relations skills sufficient to build and maintain constructive relationships with internal and external partners.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers/
- Click External Applicants.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID 40334 in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Internet Job Board CTAA
- Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers/ will be considered.
Contact for additional information:
Ashley Scherek, MnDOT Recruitment Specialist