Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by: Friday, August 30, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
Salary: Wage range is $29.49 to $34.20 per hour. ASE Certified technicians may be eligible for premium pay of an additional $1.00/hour. Outstanding benefits include health and dental insurance, State PERS and deferred comp retirement plans, paid sick and vacation leave, tuition reimbursement, ongoing on-site and off-site training, and more. Technicians are eligible for an annual tool and safety shoe allowance and employer-provided work clothes. Technicians are a part of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers bargaining unit and are eligible for union membership.
Description: Intercity Transit is currently seeking a fulltime journey-level Diesel Technician. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to shop and interdepartmental teamwork, strive to share knowledge, be a leader through action and example, and exhibit dedication to the mission, vision, and values of the agency.
Intercity Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, and Yelm; an area of approximately 100 square miles. We operate service along fixed bus routes, door-to-door service for people with disabilities, a vanpool program, specialized van programs, and are active in community partnerships. Intercity Transit’s mission is to provide and promote public transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy, prosperous community.
Please visit our website at www.intercitytransit.com for more information.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under minimal supervision, Technicians perform highly skilled mechanical tasks in the diagnosis of malfunctions, preventative maintenance, and repair and overhaul of diesel, gasoline, and hybrid powered vehicles and equipment.
- Successful completion of schooling relating to diesel powered vehicles.
- Four years’ experience in diesel vehicle maintenance and repair for journey-level, equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Current knowledge of proper use of electronic diagnostic equipment, late model vehicle computer systems, diesel engines and transmissions, air brake systems, heavy-duty suspension, multiplex systems, air conditioners, and hybrid systems.
- Completion of four-year state-approved journey-level apprenticeship program, or completion of ASE Master Certification highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Windows computer programs and data entry.
- Must be available to work shifts that include days, nights, weekends, and holidays (technicians receive shift differential pay for swing and graveyard shifts).
- Must have a complete set of hand tools and toolbox at time of appointment.
- Must possess (or with our training program be able to obtain within 6 month probationary period) and maintain a valid Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement and air brake restriction removed; must have an acceptable 5-year driving history that meets the agency’s hiring criteria and maintain an acceptable driving record during employment.
- Must be willing to submit to a post-job-offer employment-related physical examination to include a drug screen, as well as a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Application Procedure: Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com. Work/education history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.