Director of Customer and Contracted Services
Organization: Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority
Location: Tulsa, Okla.
Deadline: open until filled
Description: The Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority seeks a Director of Customer and Contracted Services, responsible for daily operations of the call center and contracted paratransit service (LIFT) and deviated fixed route that operates Sunday and late evening.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for daily operations of the Call Center and contracted paratransit service (LIFT) and deviated fixed route that operates Sunday and late evening. Supervises Call Center staff and serves as the direct point of contact for ADA paratransit eligibility and oversight. Works with service providers and community stakeholders to address operational challenges.
Provides contractor oversight of Tulsa Transit’s service contractor in the provision of ADA paratransit, Nightline, Sunday, Gathering Place, and future first/last mile services. Includes, but not limited to:
- Coordinates with other Tulsa Transit departments including Finance, Maintenance, Information Technology, and Planning/Marketing.
- Oversee ADA paratransit eligibility/certification process, including functional assessments, appeals, and recertifications. Serve as direct point-of-contact with certification service provider.
- Supervise implementation of Tulsa Transit’s No Show/Late Cancellation Policy.
- Oversee LIFT Program and other service validations processes, including auditing manifests/trip sheets from providers to ensure the correct amount of credit or deposits, as appropriate, are given to Tulsa Transit. Provide support to LIFT Program and other contract service providers. Prepare and/or coordinate pertinent reports, statistics, and summaries.
- Oversee operations of LIFT Program and other service providers through field monitoring activities including on-time performance, safety, and policy enforcement checks.
- Work with paratransit service provider(s) to conduct investigations.
- Oversee the call-taking, reservations, and scheduling of trips.
- Have working knowledge of software and other IT related functions relating to department’s operation.
- Plan, implement and monitor services consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Develop, recommend, and implement paratransit policies and procedures. Provide a high level of expertise and consultation on related matters.
- Oversee the paratransit customer feedback process, incorporating both direct and contract services. Develop, recommend, and monitor related policies and procedures. Receive and provide feedback to customers and providers consistent with program goals and objectives.
- Responsible for overall management of Tulsa Transit’s Call Center operations as well as the LIFT Program including contract compliance and monitoring requirements, customer communications, data collection and analysis, and monthly payables to LIFT Program and other service contractors/in-house personnel as maybe assigned.
- Responsible for effectively managing Call Center budget and staff including hiring, firing, performance counseling, disciplinary actions, and evaluations. Oversee appropriate training for staff regarding all aspects of job duties including customer service, Trapeze, and Traveler/Fixed Route services.
- Create and update Call Center staff schedules, and assign additional work as needed to cover vacations, sick leave, etc.
- Approve and submit payroll records for Call Center employees.
- Complete weekly Quality Assurance Checks on Call Center staff.
- Track employee performance on a monthly basis and meet individually with employees to discuss performance compared to stated goals.
- Oversee staff and activities at Denver Avenue Station and Midtown Memorial Station including direct customer contact; customer contact via telephone; and sale of transit passes, tokens, Tulsa Transit merchandise, and Travelers.
- Maintain knowledge of fixed route and other Tulsa Transit services. Oversee the processing of the Reduced Fare Application process.
- Develop and maintain effective public and community relationships, including presentations to public and private groups. Attend related public meetings and represent Tulsa Transit interests. Communicate effectively with the public and co-workers via the telephone, in person, or in group settings.
- Coordinate and provide staff for various Information Tables within the city to provide outreach for Tulsa Transit services.
- Be leader in staff development including maintaining knowledge of safe work practices, including but not limited to: providing, or arranging for, pertinent safety training for assigned staff; documentation regarding safety and health activities, inspection of work area to ensure the areas and staff are conforming to safety rules, report unsafe conditions, maintain a positive attitude toward safety.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in work related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience can be substituted for formal education. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience required, including budget management. Knowledge of transportation services required under the ADA highly desirable. Must possess extensive knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to effectively deal with the public and co-workers both on the telephone and in person. Must have excellent attendance and be able to complete work assignments in a timely manner. Must possess a current Oklahoma driver’s license.
Application Procedure: For more information and to apply, visit http://tulsatransit.org/about-mtta/job-opportunities/.
The preceding description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. EOE/AA and Drug Free.