Director of Planning
Organization: Topeka Metro
Location: Topeka, Kan.
Deadline: Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Salary: Topeka Metro offers great benefits and KPERS. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Description: Topeka Metro seeks a Director of Planning.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position is responsible for developing and analyzing transit service planning, scheduling, capital planning, data reporting and analysis, improvements and innovative projects for near-term and intermediate range service plans using traditional transit service delivery options.
- Familiar with local, state, federal laws and regulations governing public transit system operations and transportation grant funding.
- Knowledgeable in modern transit system operating principles and practices.
- Experience working with ArcGIS and Microsoft Office. Prefer experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Remix planning software, DoubleMap CAD software and TransLoc Architect.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to interpret complex Excel datasets.
- Must have excellent communication skills, oral and written, strong analytical skills, and understanding of service cost and budget impacts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Topeka Metro staff, members of state/federal agencies, local government, and the general public.
- Proficient with statistical principles and survey techniques.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data regarding ridership, demographics, traffic surveys, maps, costs, and revenues.
- Proficiency in quality assurance methods used in schedule production.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in the analysis and solution of complex route and schedule problems, using logical reasoning and prudent judgment.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in urban planning, transportation, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in transportation planning, public transit operations, or closely related field.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Application Procedure: Submit cover letter, resume and references to:
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603