Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by April 12, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Salary: This position is non-exempt, eligible for overtime. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, various retirement benefit options and paid sick and vacation leave. Wage range is $22.72 to $30.67 per hour.
Description: Intercity Transit currently has multiple openings for the Facilities Specialist. Work hours may include weekends, holidays and occasional evenings/nights. The Facilities Specialist performs manual labor and semi-skilled maintenance activities for stops and zones on Agency routes, including shelters, park and ride lots, transit centers, and other passenger amenities owned or operated by the Agency.
Intercity Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in the Washington state capitol of Olympia and surrounding communities. Services include bus routes, paratransit, vanpools, specialized van programs and active community partnerships. Intercity Transit is the recipient of many awards including “America’s Best Public Transportation System.” Our mission is to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community. Please visit our website at www.intercitytransit.com for more information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair, clean and maintain bus stop areas and zones, transit stop shelters, and park and ride lots.
- Empty trash receptacles and dispose of biohazards and sharps from bus stop areas, shelters, park and ride lots, and transit centers; operate trash compactor and wash down truck beds.
- Assemble, install and remove shelters, kiosks, benches, trashcans, seats, poles, signs and schedule holders.
- Perform snow and ice control on bus/van routes and at all fixed facilities.
- Set up for community events.
- Maintain associated records.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years experience performing semi-skilled facilities activities; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance methods and techniques, as well as related safety practices.
- Skilled in operating applicable power tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of biohazards, toxic substances and related protective measures.
- Skilled in repairing, replacing, installing and cleaning structures and signage.
- Current WA State driver’s license; must have and be able to maintain acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain Dept. of Transportation Flagger Certification, as well as Forklift Certification.
- Must be willing to submit to a post-job-offer criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Application Procedure: Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com. Work/education history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.
Intercity Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We also take pride in being a drug free workplace. Note that Intercity Transit is subject to requirements of the Federal Drug-Free Workplace Act and CFR Part 40 & Part 655, which prohibits the use of marijuana at any time while employed by Intercity Transit.