Organization: Metro Bus
Location: St. Paul, Minn.
Deadline: open until filled
Salary: Starting Annual Salary Range: $17.63-$18.65; Full Salary Range: $36,675-47,286 (11-step progression)
Description: Metro Bus seeks a Fueler to be responsible for fueling, checking and filling fluids, and general cleaning and vehicle condition of all buses and staff vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them if the work is similar, related or logical to the position.
- Fuel CNG and Diesel buses using the tricorder per standard operating procedures
- General Bus Cleaning and Maintenance
- Check fluid levels and empty farebox; record information on proper forms and handheld electronic collection device
- Inspect buses inside and outside for defects, perform non-technical repairs or report such defects per procedure
- Perform daily basic interior bus cleaning including sweeping and/or washing floors; clean and dispose of biohazard spills following standard operating procedures
- Wash exterior of bus following standard operating procedures
- Responsible for installation and removal of interior and exterior postings and advertisements on buses
- General Garage, Shop and/or Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
- Emptying trash, cleaning floors and trenches, and operating floor cleaning machines
- Snow removal as needed around fueling stations and lanes
- Perform bus switch outs as needed
- Communicate courteously and professionally and maintain respectful working relationships with coworkers and customers in carrying out job functions
- Perform all job duties in compliance with safety guidelines and with an ongoing awareness of safety practices
- Knows and follows safety rules and guidelines as well as sound work and safety practices in order to accomplish the job objectives and avoid injury or loss
- Wears proper protective equipment when policy requires or conditions indicate a need exists and utilizes proper body mechanics and ergonomics while performing work
- When potentially unsafe conditions are observed, makes efforts to avoid or correct them if they are controllable and draws them to the attention of the responsible supervisor or safety representative in a timely manner
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned
Qualifications: The job requires a high school diploma or equivalent education and one (1) year of experience maintaining and/or servicing a variety of vehicles or performing janitorial and/or industrial cleaning duties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have, or be able to obtain within 90 days, a valid Class B Minnesota Driver License, with passenger and air brake endorsements, and current DOT medical certification.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
- Ability to operate buses and support vehicles and equipment including plow truck, fork lift, skid loader and floor scrubber/sweeper
- Knowledge of working hazards and safety practices
- Ability to read and speak English well enough to read instructions and effectively communicate with team members
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working and public relationships
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with coworkers and the general public
- Ability to work flexible schedules
- Ability to maintain a valid Class B Minnesota Driver License, with passenger and air brake endorsements, and a current DOT medical certificate
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- This position is predominantly in a maintenance shop or outside environment requiring extended periods of walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crawling and reaching
- Moderate exposure to temperature extremes, noise, physical and/or chemical hazards
- Utilizes personal computers, 10-key, phone and other office equipment on a regular basis
- May require limited travel outside of the maintenance shop.
- Will primarily utilize Metro Bus vehicle for travel
Application Procedure: To apply, visit https://ridemetrobus.com/employment#/openings
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the organization and requirements of the job change.
Metro Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. It will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.