Human Resources Analyst
Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by Feb. 4, 4:00 p.m., local time.
Salary: This position is exempt, not eligible for overtime. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, various retirement benefit options and paid sick and vacation leave. Wage range is $68,878 – $92,980 annually.
Description: Intercity Transit is currently recruiting for a full-time Human Resources Analyst in the Human Resources Division, with Generalist experience and with expertise in Training & Development and Recruitment & Selection. A Human Resources Analyst performs professional-level analytical and program coordination with expertise in their assigned program area. The agency has two interest-arbitration eligible labor groups (ATU and IAM), and has a total workforce of approximately 325 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages recruitment and selection processes.
- Develops and implements robust outreach strategies and hiring initiatives to attract quality candidates.
- Develops and builds relationships with prospective sources for candidates; attends job fairs and meetings to source applicants.
- Plans, develops, organizes, promotes and implements agency-wide professional and technical training programs suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Coordinates and conducts training on a variety of training content, such as leadership development, workforce development, HR compliance, safety, security and effective communication. Ensures proper preparation and maintenance of records, reports, statistics and evaluations of program activities and instructors.
- Provides counsel, training and technical assistance to employees, supervisors and management on employment law and employment related issues and problems. Ensures Agency compliance with established policies, procedures and rules, as well as State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Advises the agency regarding safety and security protocols and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state and federal agencies.
- Provides analytical support to the Safety Committee.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of professional Human Resources experience or An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer service in every interaction; cultivate collaborative and productive working relationships.
- Strength in leadership, ethics, problem solving, conflict resolution, strategic and big-picture thinking and cultural competency.
- Technical expertise and experience providing HR consulting services in recruitment & selection and training & development.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines; strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations and statistical analysis.
- Must be willing to submit to a post-job-offer criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Application Procedure: Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com. A letter of interest and resume that includes your last ten years of work/school history are required. Please include in your letter of interest your philosophy on HR’s role in an organization. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.