Human Resources - Labor Relations Analyst
Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: July 28, 2019, 5:00 p.m. local time
Salary: $68,878 to $92,980 annually; excellent benefits package to include health insurance, various retirement benefit options in addition to Washington State PERS, as well as generous paid sick and vacation leave.
Description: Intercity Transit is looking for a growth-oriented and innovative HR partner to join our HR team, as a Labor Relations Analyst.
This position is full-time and will perform professional-level analytical and program coordination for human resources programs and projects, with expertise in the full employment life cycle including recruitment and selection and employee and labor relations. The agency has two interest-arbitration eligible labor groups (ATU and IAM), and is supported by a total workforce of approximately 380 employees.
Last November, the community overwhelming approved a ballot measure that will provide 40 percent more funding and will allow Intercity Transit to expand public transportation within the community. We’re adding staff and investing in technology that will support more robust transit services, including bus rapid transit and innovative demand response programs. IT is nationally recognized and provides fixed route transit, ADA paratransit and vanpool services to the communities of Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia, and Yelm. We invite you to join us in our mission to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the labor relations program and implement labor strategies that advance the priorities of the agency and support a sustainable labor relations program; administer and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
- Cultivate collaborative and productive relationships with stakeholders and utilize effective interpersonal skills to build trust, influence outcomes, and ensure successful implementation of HR strategies.
- Manage recruitment and selection processes.
- Conduct or lead investigations into serious and/or complex employment matters, including internal and external complaints, grievances, misconduct allegations, policy violations, and illegal discrimination.
- Provide counsel, training, and technical assistance to employees, supervisors, and management on employment law and employment and contract related issues. Ensure agency compliance with established policies, procedures and rules, as well as State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 3-5 years professional labor relations experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Willing to submit to a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of interest and resume that includes your last ten years of work/volunteer/military/school history at www.intercitytransit.com. Unfortunately, we will not consider incomplete applications.
Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so an accurate and active email address is essential.