Intermodal Planning and Environmental Manager
Organization: Georgia Department of Transportation – Office of Intermodal
Location: Fulton-Atlanta, Ga.
Deadline: March 17
Description: Georgia Department of Transportation seeks an Intermodal Planning and Environmental Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision in the Division of Intermodal, the Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager performs work of considerable difficulty in the management of the Division’s Planning and Environmental activities and requirements.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager leads and directs the work of planners and consultants in rail and transit planning and environmental activities to ensure timely completion of studies and programs.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager leads and directs the statewide and metropolitan transit planning programs (FTA Section 5303 and 5304) and leads and directs the State’s freight and passenger rail planning activities.
- This position maintains and updates the Statewide Transit Plan, identifies projects from the plan for implementation, and provides planning assistance to local agencies, regional commissions, and MPOs.
- This position oversees the development of State Rail Plan updates, identifies projects from the plan for implementation, and oversees passenger rail corridor planning and environmental studies.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager ensures delivery of rail and transit planning products; communicates policy and funding decisions; and identifies needs and opportunities for transit, freight rail, and passenger rail.
- This position participates in an annual transit call for projects and oversees the development of transit project information for the Program of Projects (POP) and Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP).
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager coordinates and communicates with various partners and stakeholders, between the Division’s four Programs, other offices within the Department, external agencies, and the private sector.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager champions and leads innovative multimodal solutions and funding strategies to better move freight and people.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager participates in program meetings, project review meetings, and project strategy sessions to ensure coordination and communication continues for project and Program success.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager ensures deliverable quality by reviewing, editing, and approving, for distribution, technical reports, formal documentation, and correspondence.
- The Intermodal Planning & Environmental Manager serves as resource to resolve complex planning and environmental questions and issues identified by subordinates.
- This position reports the Transit Program Manager.
Application Procedure: Please visit here for additional information.