Manager of Service Planning & Scheduling
Organization: Capital District Transportation Authority
Location: Albany, N.Y.
Deadline: open until filled
Description: The Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA) seeks a Manager of Service Planning & Scheduling to oversee the development of all route schedules related to fixed route, express service, and bus rapid transit.
CDTA is based in the Albany-Troy-Schenectady region of Upstate New York. We serve more than 15 million rides annually through more than 50 bus routes across four counties. We are the region’s premier mobility provider with a suite of transportation options, including bus rapid transit, regular fixed route, commuter coach express, paratransit, micro-transit, vanpool, bikeshare, carshare, and scooter-share.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Manager of Service Planning & Scheduling will oversee the development of all route schedules related to fixed route, express service, and bus rapid transit. The goal is to build a system that provides high-frequency and reliable service with reduced travel times. The Manager will work closely with other planners and managers in the Planning, Transportation, Marketing & Communications, and Information Technology Departments.
Qualifications: The successful candidate should have a strong interest in improving service, supporting operations, and growing ridership for one of the leading transit authorities in the United States. This individual should be passionate about public transit and interested in attracting more individuals in the Capital Region to travel by bus and other sustainable modes.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban & regional planning, transportation management public or business administration or a related field. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of five years professional work experience.
- Minimum two years of experience at a transportation related agency such as a transit authority, MPO, transportation consulting firm or government transportation department.
- Experience working with scheduling software such as Hastus or Trapeze preferred.
- Previous experience working with a unionized workforce preferred.
- Personal experience using public transportation on a regular basis with a willingness to continue doing so preferred
Application Procedure: Please email resume and cover letter to Stephanie Belokopitsky at Stephanieb@cdta.org.