Manager of Transit Operations
Organization: Regional Transportation Program
Location: Portland, Maine
Deadline: April 30
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 DOE + benefits (see description)
Coronavirus Considerations: Initial Interviews conducted via Zoom.
Description: Regional Transportation Program, a paratransit agency in Portland, Maine, is seeking to fill a new position, “Manager of Transit Operations.”
Duties and Responsibilities: The Manager of Transit Operations (MTO) reports to the Executive Director and will work with support from RTP’s Supervisor of Client Services to oversee transit operations and increase ridership throughout Cumberland County.
Identifies and implements new services and technologies to address emerging client and company needs.
- Participates in state, regional and local forums to expand ridership and improve customer service.
- Develops and implements strategic and operational goals and objectives to meet RTP’s service standards. Will research, recommend and help implement operational and technological improvements for agency’s transportation services. Will monitor transportation deliveries through electronic and on-board means.
- Works with Lead Vehicle Technician and Chief Safety Office to ensure safe transportation and compliance with the Agency’s Safety Plan. Submits required reports to MaineDOT regarding transportation services and asset management.
- Works with HR and Supervisor of Client Services for recruiting, hiring, orienting, and training employees and volunteer drivers.
- Five years of senior-level management experience in Transit Services (including: planning, marketing, dispatching and fleet maintenance). Understands budgeting concepts and can gather and assemble information to make reports/proposals to yield a positive impact on paratransit operations. Awareness and ability to understand/interpret federal, state, and local transportation policies, procedures and rules and regulations (including OSHA).
- Tech savvy: expertise with applications and technology related to paratransit operations including scheduling and dispatching software, and proficiency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong working relationships both internal and external, excellent supervisory analytical skills
- Paid sick, paid vacation, up to 11 paid holidays/year
- Medical plan is 95 percent covered by RTP, 100 percent dental, vision available
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 5 percent company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life insurance
Application Procedure: To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and any references to Danielle at email@example.com.
This position is considered Safety Sensitive under the FTA Drug and Alcohol Program regulations and is subject to drug testing.
Regional Transportation Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans, persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply!