Manager of Transit Operations
Organization: Regional Transportation Program
Location: Portland, Maine
Deadline: Sep. 30
Salary: $65,000 Starting Salary + benefits (see description)
Reports to: Executive Director
Description: Regional Transportation Program, a paratransit agency in Portland, Maine, is seeking to fill a new position, Manager of Transit Operations. Reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Manager of Transit Operations (MTO) assists the Executive Director and will be working with support from RTP’s Supervisor of Client Services to oversee transit operations:
- Identifies and implements newly needed services and technology to address emerging client and company needs.
- Acts as a liaison to the community (and its agencies) for customer service support. Includes investigating service complaints and taking/recommending suitable remedial action.
- A member of the Management Team: develops and implements strategic and operational goals and objectives to meet RTP’s mission.
- Works with Lead Tech to ensure fleet is safe and available for agency needs. Ensures compliance with all federal and state requirements regarding equipment inventory management.
- Oversees RTP’s Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan and other relevant plans as needed, and ensures their compliance. Attends Board meetings as needed, chairs the Safety Committee, participates in state, regional and local forums, meetings and committees
- Acts as a staff manager and participates in employee professional development. Works with HR and Supervisor of Client Services for recruiting, hiring, orienting, and training employees and volunteer drivers.
- Seven years of senior-level management experience in Paratransit Services (includes: planning, marketing, dispatching and fleet maintenance). Understands budgeting concepts and can gather and assemble information to make reports/proposals to yield a positive impact on paratransit operations. Awareness and ability to understand/interpret federal, state, and local transportation policies and procedures, and rules and regulations (including OSHA’s).
- Tech savvy: expertise with applications and technology related to paratransit operations including scheduling and dispatching software, and proficiency with in computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong working relationships both internal and external, excellent supervisory skills
- Paid sick, paid vacation, up to 11 paid holidays/year
- Rich medical plan is 95 percent covered by RTP, 100 percent dental, vision available
- 403(b) Retirement plan with up to 5 percent company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life insurance
Application Procedure: To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and any references to Danielle at email@example.com or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
Regional Transportation Program
127 St. John Street
Portland, ME 04102
This position is considered Safety Sensitive under the FTA Drug and Alcohol Program regulations, and so does require drug testing.
Regional Transportation Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans, persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply!