Membership/ Business Development Director
Organization: Community Transportation Association of America
Location: Washington, D.C.
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary: $75,000 – $90,000, depending upon experience. The Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Description: The Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA), a national nonprofit organization dedicated to mobility for all Americans, seeks a dynamic, organized and insightful individual to direct membership and business development.
Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will work directly with CTAA’s executive director, Board of Directors and management team, as well as current and potential Association members around the country, to build membership and seek new business opportunities for the growing Association. Must possess excellent communications and sales skills, be a self-starter open to collaboration, work well independently and as part of a team, and be able to execute multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Transit and/or legislative experience not a requirement, but definitely a plus.
- Bringing new business development through promoting membership services to a wide variety of audiences
- Developing and maintaining relationships with industry and community partners
- Establishing meaningful relationships with corporate, public sector, state and national partners to advance our mission
- Five years (minimum) management and financial experience, preferably in either a membership or business development position.
- Willing to work in Washington, D.C.
- Familiarity with standard business software
- Demonstrated excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for improving mobility for Americans around the country
- Work well independently and as part of a team(s)
- Willingness to travel
- Public speaking/session leading experience
- Passion for connecting with a wide variety of communities to advance our mission
- Background in membership recruiting, retention and building external relationships
- Community or public transit experience
- Legislative, policy experience
Application Procedure: Email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CTAA offers a competitive salary and benefits package with this leadership position and is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) employer.