Network Systems Analyst
Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. In order to be considered for the first round of interviews, submit your application by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25.
Salary: Receive a competitive salary, $66,179 – $89,338 annually. An excellent benefits package to include health and dental insurance, various retirement benefit options in addition to Washington State PERS, and a generous paid leave package.
Description: Intercity Transit seeks an innovative Network Systems Analyst to join its Information Systems Division. This position is full-time and you will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing, supporting and troubleshooting network systems infrastructure, as well as be responsible for supporting all aspects of the IP video surveillance system across the enterprise.
Last November, the community overwhelming approved a ballot measure that will provide 40 percent more funding and will allow Intercity Transit to expand public transportation within the community. We are adding staff and investing in technology that will support more robust transit services, including bus rapid transit and innovative demand response programs. IT is nationally recognized and provides fixed route transit, ADA paratransit, and vanpool services to the communities of Lacey, Tumwater, Olympia, and Yelm. We invite you to join us in our mission to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, and maintaining agency network infrastructure. This includes Cisco switches, routers and firewalls, and other enterprise networking infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain IP video surveillance (camera) system across the enterprise. This includes mounting of equipment and cabling of equipment.
- Design and deploy effective networks and VPN solutions that align with industry best practices.
- Associate’s Degree or technical certificate in Information Systems or a related field.
- Four years of progressively responsible network administration experience.
- **An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
- Knowledge in most, or all, of the following: TCP/IP, VLAN, HSRP, LACP, SNMP, DHCP and Cisco routing protocols.
- Experience in at least one of the following: Windows Server Administration, networking, or VMware; familiarity with the others. Industry recognized certification(s) preferred.
- Experience implementing system monitoring
- Knowledgeable on backup and recovery techniques and system maintenance.
- Ability to respond to issues arising throughout the Intercity Transit service area on a 24-7 basis.
- Willing to submit to a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Application Procedure: Please submit a letter of interest and resume that includes your last ten years of work/volunteer/military/school history at www.intercitytransit.com. We will not consider incomplete applications. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so an accurate and active email address is essential.