Organization: Fort Bend County
Location: Fort Bend, Texas
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary: Grade 13, $2,532.00 – $2,980.00 biweekly based on qualifications. All full-time and part-time employees are members of the Texas County District Retirement System (TCDRS). Full-time employees also enjoy a wide-range of great benefits.
Description: Fort Bend County seeks an Operations Manager for public transportation. Located just southwest of the City of Houston, Fort Bend has a long history which began when a small log fort was built on the banks of the Brazos River to help protect the settlers moving onto Stephen F. Austin’s original Mexican land grants. In fact, the county draws its name from that small fort built in the early 1800s and the small settlement around it, that in 1837 became the county seat of Richmond, Texas. Today, Fort Bend is one of the fastest growing counties in Texas and the United States with a current population exceeding 800,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews daily and monthly ridership data to troubleshoot and/or investigate results from anomalous, missing, or irregular data.
- Synthesize ridership and operational data with other datasets which may represent influencing factors, such as census or economic data or fare changes.
- Prepares narrative reports on ridership trends and/or forecasts, service productivity, fare or service change impacts or other similar/related topics.
- Ensures the appropriate data and documentation was collected and submitted for monthly, quarterly or annual reports and/or budgets, audits and review by County, State, and Federal agencies. Provides recommendations, develops and implements new services.
- Continually evaluates ways to provide cost-effective transit service and seeks opportunities to improve operations, including people and process.
- Assists with preparation and execution of budgets for contracted services and ensures department operations are within budget.
- Prepares necessary documentation for bus service, ambassador program, and vehicle procurements.
- Participates in third-party contractor site visits.
- Researches best practices for third-party contracted services to maximize productivity, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Researches, interprets, and verifies compliance of various Federal, State, and Local requirements as it relates to transit operations.
- Assists with public hearings or public meetings in accordance with departments Public Participation Plan.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the departments safety program as issued by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Responsible for investigation of accidents and incidents, overall safe and efficient operations of the bus fleet, effective service to riding customers, system safety and security monitoring.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Vehicle Replacement Plan (recommendation for new and replacement of vehicles) based on existing and projected requirements.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and implementation of the departments Transit Asset Management Plan.
- Develops, implements and maintains the departmental Operations Standards.
- Ensures maintenance is accurately recorded and monitored regularly. Participates in the selection of operations staff.
- Participates in activities and duties related to emergency management during a local state of disaster as directed by appropriate county managers.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelors or associates degree in related field along with three years of transportation-related experience preferred.
- Five years job-related experience.
- Proven proficiency with both oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math and/or accounting and management skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple tasks a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, and elected officials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Application Procedure: An application can be found here.