Organization: Northern Virginia Transportation Commission
Location: Arlington, Va.
Deadline: April 5
Salary: Salary range for this position is $100 – $120k/year plus comprehensive transit, bikeshare/Zipcar, health, dental, retirement, leave and other benefits.
Description: The Northern Virginia Transportation Commission seeks an experienced program manager to lead our $35M+/year Commuter Choice Program, a pioneering regional transit program that invests toll revenue in new transit service and projects that enhance two heavily congested interstate corridors (I-66 Inside the Beltway and I-395/95). The position is located in our brand new office suite in the Courthouse area of Arlington, Virginia.
Duties and Responsibilities: In this newly created position, the Senior Program Manager leads two highly visible transit programs designed to move more people more efficiently through the I-66 and I-95/395 corridors. The senior program manager leads a team of technical professionals; manages a consultant team and contract; oversees significant and growing financial resources; develops, implements, and maintains program policies and procedures; collaborates with local jurisdictions and other stakeholders; manages program delivery, monitoring, reporting and compliance; and represents NVTC as the face of the Commuter Choice program. The position provides program guidance to NVTC staff, jurisdictional staff, working group members, and consultants.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic-minded, detail-oriented, and creative problem solver with strong interpersonal skills and political sensibilities, excellent writing and presentation skills, and the ability to effectively facilitate discussions with a variety of individuals and organizations. Experience in transit, transportation demand management (TDM), policy development, program budgeting / grants, or transportation is vital to the success of this position
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, transportation planning, urban and regional planning, or a related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible program management experience that demonstrates:
- a keen understanding of regional transportation issues
- the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a variety of audiences
- the ability to lead a team of technical and non-technical professionals
- excellent facilitation and communication skills
- the ability to manage complex transportation programs and associated budgets
- A Master’s degree in engineering, transportation planning, urban and regional planning, or a related field
- Four (4) to six (6) years of progressively responsible program management experience
- Direct experience in managing regional transportation programs, especially transit
- Experience working closely in a small team environment
Application Procedure: NVTC is an equal opportunity employer. Please provide a resume with relevant experience as well as a letter describing your qualifications, salary expectations, and interest in this position. For more information, view this PDF.
Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be mailed to:
Senior Program Manager – Commuter Choice
Position 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 230
Arlington, VA 22201