Public Transportation Safety Administrator
Organization: Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT)
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: open until filled
Description: Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced transportation safety professional to be our transit Safety and Security Officer. Safety is a key to the ability of public transportation systems to provide multimodal service. If safety is a passion that has turned into a successful career for you and you’re looking to take the next step down that path, we strongly encourage you to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this management position is to provide safety oversight of rail transit authorities including Sound Transit, the Monorail, Seattle Streetcar, and Tacoma Link. They will also work directly with 32 transit agencies, tribes, cities, counties and more than 170 grantees to help ensure safety policies, processes, and procedures are effective and meet all state and federal requirements. The objective of this position is to help ensure public and worker safety on public transportation through the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures. This leader will also provide organizational safety direction for drug and alcohol prevention programs, and public transportation asset management.
Qualifications: To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in management and a record of proven leadership.
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in transportation, planning, urban design, safety, or a related area of study.
- Knowledge of safety laws, regulations, and analysis procedures.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership skills.
- Effective communications including the abilities to verbally present to large groups and to produce written communications including reports and presentations.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- A masters’ degree in engineering, planning, urban design, or safety.
- Complete FTA safety certifications.
- Project-management certifications.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Knowledge of federal, state, regional, and local transportation legislative processes.
Application Procedure: See link for more information, including details on how to apply: Public Transportation Safety Administrator