Senior Program Associate
Organization: Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Deadline: open until filled
Salary: approx. $65,000-$80,000 (commensurate with experience)
Description: The Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA) seeks a Senior Program Associate to actively participate in multiple Association projects, including deliverables for the National Center for Mobility Management (NCMM) — a virtual technical assistance center operated by CTAA — as well as supporting CTAA’s community-based projects and other activities. This position is located in a professional office environment located in downtown Washington, D.C. Candidate must be willing to relocate to DC within the first 6 months of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Program Associate, at the Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA), will actively participate in multiple Association projects, including those funded through federal grants, as follows:
- Approx. 75 percent of the Associate’s time will be spent on deliverables for the National Center for Mobility Management (NCMM), a virtual technical assistance center operated by CTAA.
- Approx. 25 percent of the Associate’s time will be dedicated to supporting CTAA’s community-based projects and other activities.
The Associate will report to CTAA’s Assistant Director for National Projects, who also serves as the NCMM Director.
- Develop knowledge of and expertise in human-centered design strategies, contribute to community-based projects using those and other strategies, and progress to leading those projects
- Contribute toward the development of meaningful liaisons with other sectors, which could include health care, workforce development, housing, justice-involved, refugee, and other sectors, and progress to leading the development of those relationships
- Develop white papers, research initiatives, and material for on-line courses related to NCMM’s content areas
- Provide technical assistance to communities on mobility management topics, including facilitating community meetings
- Represent CTAA and NCMM at conferences and in workshops, sharing promising practices, innovative strategies.
- Support the administration of community grants and other NCMM/CTAA products
- Participate in the planning and implementation of CTAA national conferences
- BA degree required in a liberal arts field, a transportation-related field, or a human services field, plus at least 3 years’ experience with community mobility or other relevant discipline (please describe why relevant in cover letter), with at least 1 year of leadership experience.
- Ability to travel domestically, by air and other modes.
- Familiarization and use of standard office equipment such as copiers and computers, and familiarization with programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NCMM and CTAA’s work, with an ability to articulate a vision for how you might contribute to advancing and expanding that work, particularly that of NCMM
- At least three solid years working in the community transportation and/or mobility management arena, with a demonstrated understanding of community mobility modes, including in relation to transit, ridesharing, microtransit, technology related to community mobility, and bicycle and pedestrian modes
- At least one year of demonstrated leadership activity in a mobility management-related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to deliver verbal presentations before audiences of diverse sizes and expertise related to transportation
- Demonstrated partnership building experience involving transportation and at least one other sector
- Demonstrated team participation and team building experience, coupled with the capacity to work independently
- Capacity to stay informed of latest community transportation news and trends
- A demonstrated work ethic and professional dedication to providing high-quality products
- Passion to assist communities and their residents in improving mobility opportunities
Application Procedure: Respond to: email@example.com. Please submit a resume experience in the required areas and provide writing samples.