Temporary Transit Operations Special Projects Manager
Organization: Norwalk Transit District
Location: Norwalk, Conn.
Deadline: open until filled
Description: Norwalk Transit District seeks a temporary Transit Operations Special Projects Manager in Norwalk, Conn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage and execute all aspects of small to medium single-discipline projects or large, routine projects
- Independently coordinate work with our team across departmental boundaries
- Be involved with financial and statistical reporting, marketing, contractual procurement issues and reviewing and making recommendations relative to enhancements and efficiencies impacting our overall transit operations
- Support organizing, leading, and helping execute company projects and communications within the Transit Operations Department the potential
- Support developing scopes of work for procurement opportunities
- Coordinate workload through entire project development and deployment, and ensure completion of projects timelines and within budget
- Operations employee team building and development
- Work under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer for project reviews and with company management as needed
Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have five years of progressively responsible experience in transit operations and/or project operations management, with at least five years in a supervisory position. Additional education may be accepted in place of a portion of this requirement. Knowledge of public transit/business operations, the application of policies, procedures, rules and contractual requirements and customer service skills. A college degree is preferred.
Application Procedure: Please go to www.norwalktransit.com/employment to review a detailed job description and apply.
The Norwalk Transit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Norwalk Transit District is an EEO Employer.