Organization: Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments (AVCOG)
Location: Auburn, Maine
Deadline: The position will remain open until filled.
Description: The Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments (AVCOG) which serves communities located in Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties in Maine is seeking a Transit Coordinator. This position is located in Auburn and will provide Transit planning services primarily to the Lewiston/Auburn area for the Androscoggin Transportation Resource Center (ATRC). This staff person will also serve as the Transit Coordinator for the Lewiston-Auburn Transit Committee (LATC), overseer of the citylink bus system.
Duties and Responsibilities: Responsibilities include: oversight of coordination of transit services within the ATRC region; oversight of the citylink operations and maintenance contractor; marketing of the transit system; planning assistance and general staff support to LATC; development of the annual LATC budget; FTA grants administration/management; maintaining overall compliance for FTA grants; report writing and presentation; evaluation of area specific transit issues and development of recommended options; assisting with the annual development of the Transportation Improvement Plan, prioritizing projects for both Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds; long range transportation planning and performance monitoring. Extensive use of personal computers, computer databases, and Microsoft applications required. Regular communications with the citylink contractor, municipal staff and officials, MaineDOT staff, FTA staff, and the general public is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, or related field;
- Experience with Federal program compliance;
- Familiarity with transit system planning/oversight;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently;
- Ability to manage one’s own time and work in a team environment;
- Ability to participate, and lead, meetings – both virtual and in-person, including workday and evening meetings;
- Valid Maine driver’s license and a reliable motor vehicle;
- Detail oriented.
Additional desirable skills/qualifications:
- Familiarity with municipal or regional planning;
- Familiarity with Federal grants management;
- Website mapping, management, and/or HTML experience;
- Transportation planning grant writing.
Application Procedure: AVCOG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Applicants should submit their resume, minimum salary requirements and three professional references LBonney@avcog.org.