Transit Fleet Maintenance Manager
Organization: Kootenai County Transit
Location: Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary: $41,042 to $46,870 per year depending on experience. Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.94 percent employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement. Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $47.00 per month (2019 non-nicotine rate). Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program. View the entire benefits package.
Description: Kootenai County Transit seeks a Transit Fleet Maintenance Manager.
Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 150,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. With a low crime rate and cost of living that is below the national average and significantly less than in larger cities, it is an ideal place to call home. Click here to learn more about living in Kootenai County.
Duties and Responsibilities: Requires extensive knowledge of maintenance and procurement oversight, as well as numerous computer programs for data entry, tracking, and reports. Primary duties include the following: ensure maintenance performed on Citylink North buses by partner agencies and follows maintenance schedules; ensure work orders are entered and tracked appropriately; review and verify maintenance expenditures; work with vendors on warranty claims; ensure daily pre- and post-trip inspections are completed; compile specifications for vehicle purchases and adhere to procurement regulations.
- Degree in automotive technology or related field
- Ten (10) years of related experience servicing and repairing vehicles and equipment or equivalent experience working with mechanics or heavy equipment
- Complete repair work as needed and provide your own tools
- Possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and are you insurable
- Have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in order to drive vehicles to and from various maintenance locations
- Have experience supervising contractors
- Enjoy working closely with the community and providing excellent service
- Be able to organize and manage multiple priorities to maximize efficiency and meet critical deadlines
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities. Be sure to attach a resume, letters of reference and copies of certifications to your online application. A pre-employment and subsequent drug test is required for all positions.
Contact: Resource Management Office (208) 446-1616 or email@example.com
Human Resources: (208) 446-1640 firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace.
Please view the Transit website: https://www.kcgov.us/486/Transit-Services.