Transit Fleet Maintenance Manager
Organization: Kootenai County Transit Services
Location: Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Deadline: open until filled
Salary: $41,042 to $46,870 per year depending on experience. Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.32% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement. Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $47.00 per month (tobacco free rate). View our entire benefits package. Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
Description: Kootenai County Transit Services seek a Transit Fleet Maintenance Manager. View the full job description.
Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 150,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. With a low crime rate and cost of living that is below the national average and significantly less than in larger cities, it is an ideal place to call home. Click here to learn more about living in Kootenai County.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position works as a working manager, supervising and maintaining operations and functions of Kootenai County’s public transportation fleet. This position oversees/performs a variety of mechanical, electrical, and technical maintenance duties on motor buses, cutaways, vans, and other equipment, performing skilled and semi-skilled duties related to the maintenance of the fleet.
- Have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in order to drive vehicles to and from various maintenance locations
- Have experience supervising contractors
- Enjoy working closely with the community and providing excellent service
- Be able to organize and manage multiple priorities to maximize efficiency and meet critical deadlines
- Degree in automotive technology or related field
- Ten (10) years of related experience servicing and repairing vehicles and equipment or equivalent experience working with mechanics or heavy equipment
- Complete repair work as needed and provide your own tools
- Possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license
- Be insurable.
Application Procedure: Apply online at www.kcgov.us/departments/personnel/jobs/ and attach resume, letters of reference & copies of certifications.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace.
Please view the Transit website: https://www.kcgov.us/486/Transit-Services.