Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and Yelm, Wash.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by Jan. 21, 11:59 p.m. local time.
Salary: The position is non-exempt, so eligible for overtime. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, various retirement benefit options and paid sick and vacation leave. Wage range is $26.62 to $35.94 per hour.
Description: Intercity Transit is currently recruiting for the fulltime non-exempt position of Vanpool Coordinator that requires a confident, highly motivated and customer-focused individual who has a collaborative working-style and operates in a spirit of partnership in accomplishing work environment. A commitment to serving the community and helping people see the benefits of using an alternative mode of transportation is a must.
Intercity Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater and Yelm, an area of approximately 100 square miles. We operate bus routes, door-to-door service for people with disabilities, a vanpool program, specialized van programs, and are active in community partnerships. Intercity Transit’s mission is to provide and promote public transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy, prosperous community. Please visit our website at www.intercitytransit.com for more information.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position reports to the Vanpool Manager in the Operations Department, and performs activities related to the administration and daily operation of the vanpool fleet and rideshare services.
- Performs outreach activities to the business community, governmental entities and non-profit organizations with the goal of gaining new vanpool and rideshare clients.
- Represents the agency at events to educate and recruit throughout the region.
- Performs marketing activities including promotions and advertising.
- Builds vanpool sources by researching and contacting employers and maintaining rapport.
- Coordinates the placement of vans with groups of commuters and serves as the liaison for vanpool groups, as well as the liaison for maintenance and risk management activities.
- Recruits vanpool volunteer coordinators, drivers and bookkeepers.
- Monitors and reports on vanpool compliance; coordinates processing and reconciling of monthly reports and billings.
- Receives and responds to complaints related to vanpool driving performance and interpersonal conflicts.
- Teaches defensive driving and all program elements.
- Supports cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
Click here for additional details regarding this position’s classification and essential functions.
- Associate’s degree and 3 years related program, sales, or transportation experience or training or
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Additionally, candidates must possess a valid Washington state driver’s license and be able to work evenings, early mornings or weekends on an occasionally basis.
- Must be willing to submit to a post-job-offer criminal background and driving history investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills in every interaction, as well as demonstrated ability to present information to diverse groups and individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess drive, motivation and persuasiveness for selling ideas.
- Effectively manage competing priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Access, Excel and Outlook.
Application Procedure: Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com/employment. A letter of interest and resume that includes last ten years of work/school history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.