Organization: Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority (TARTA)
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Deadline: open until filled
Salary: TARTA offers competitive wages, great benefits and a secure retirement.
Description: TARTA has an immediate opening for an Electronic Technician to join our IT department. If you enjoy working with computers and electronic systems, we have the job for you. TARTA will also be adding an automatous vehicle to our fleet within the next year.
Duties and Responsibilities: Position is responsible for installation, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and removal of electric systems on the transit fleet. These systems currently include, but are not limited to, Motorola two-way radio communications, repeaters and communicators, Clever Devices Talking Bus Equipment, Gen Fare International Centsabill Fare Boxes, GE Security Camera Systems, Mentor Mobile Data Computers and stand-alone public address systems. As technology changes and advances, these systems are subject to change
- Degree or certificate in technology, or a related field
- Remain proficient in ability to perform the above responsibilities on equipment and technology advancements
- Must be able to read electrical schematics, and be familiar with the function of logic boards
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to train end-users in equipment as necessary
- Must be computer savvy
- Professional in appearance and in work ethic
- Punctual – people oriented – safety conscious -consistent
- Decision maker – motivated – flexible – patient
- Positive in attitude – open and trustworthy
- Available to attend training sessions as needed
- Work in a support function with other departments
- Preference will be given to those possessing an ISCET certification
- Performs other required duties as assigned
- Job descriptions subject to change
TARTA is an equal opportunity employer.