Safety & Compliance Manager
Location: Richmond, Va.
Deadline: open until filled
Description: UZURV, a 40+ person, growing technology company based in Richmond, Va., seeks a Safety & Compliance Manager for oversight, execution and coordination of all safety and compliance functions impacting our drivers & transportation partners.
UZURV is a 40+ person, growing technology company based in Richmond, Va. The company operates in 20 states and is now expanding nationally. As an Adaptive Transportation Network Company, the UZURV mobility platform serves individuals with disabilities, the elderly, and others who need assistance with independent transportation.
UZURV’s platform combines rideshare with specialty credentialed, drug and alcohol tested drivers to provide safe, reliable mobility and a higher level of care for the transportation disadvantaged. It’s a technology platform and service that helps people who need assistance get where they need to go. It’s honestly hard to convey how much it means to all of us here to have the opportunity to work on something with such a direct, positive impact on people’s lives.
Duties and Responsibilities: At UZURV, we’re steadfast in our commitment to building a platform that provides safe and reliable transportation access to communities of health throughout the country. We are a high growth technology company providing life-changing transportation experience for riders in partnership with healthcare organizations, municipalities and more.
You will be responsible for oversight, execution and coordination of all safety and compliance functions impacting our drivers & transportation partners. To be successful in the role, the Safety & Compliance Manager should be highly organized and possess a strong compliance background, with a detailed knowledge of FTA regulations, especially 49 CFR Part 655 Drug & Alcohol Testing. It is also critical that the Safety & Compliance Manager has excellent communication skills, as clear communication and coordination across a diverse set of stakeholders (e.g., sales, IT, operations) is a core job responsibility.
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in on-going process development, leveraging best practices from your experience. You should possess a continuous improvement mindset and be comfortable operating within a startup environment with shifting goals.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Oversee Criminal / Motor Vehicle Record Screening Process & Accuracy
- Ensure all drivers meet internal, partner & state level requirements
- Manage 3rd party vendors, systems & products to enhance the screening process
Drug & Alcohol Program
- Lead UZURV Drug & Alcohol Testing program in compliance with FTA 49 CFR Part 655
- Maintain all FTA required Drug & Alcohol testing documentation & reporting (MIS, etc.),
- Proactively update policies and procedures in line with evolving requirements
- Strengthen Driver Onboarding curriculum content in line with ADA & NEMNT best practices
- Continuously review and enhance credentialing content and processes
Reporting / Audit
- Lead Safety Incident / Investigation & Reporting process
- Manage compliance data integrity, lead internal response to external data requests
- Deliver timely regular reporting as required (MIS, DOT, etc.)
- Review Driver telematic safety data, develop coaching and improvement plans
- Refine Vehicle Inspection Process Standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience with safety / compliance management
- Relevant professional experience in a FTA / DOT compliance regulated environment. Bonus
- points for NEMT and/or ADA experience.
- Knowledgeable of all applicable safety rules, regulations – FTA, etc.
- Must be able to set and work within deadlines, managing time & task prioritization effectively
- Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal & written) and strong analytical skills
- Ability to approach situations in an entrepreneurial way & find opportunity for improvement
- High integrity and exceptional commitment to delivering results; high empathy for serving
- underserved communities
- Willingness to be based in Richmond, Va.
Application Procedure: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply directly. No staffing agency inquiries, please.