Special Services Manager
Organization: The Rapid
Location: Grand Rapids, Mich.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
Description: The Rapid is seeking a Special Services Manager to administer and direct The Rapid’s special service programs including GO! Bus, RideLink, and Pass, as well as Rapid staff and contract service providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate, recommend and implement departmental policies.
- Establish departmental goals and oversee attainment of the goals.
- Develop, plan, and administer the department’s operating budget, including development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as necessary.
- Manage and direct all department activities, including day to day operations.
- Work with Human Resources Department in recruitment of department employees.
- Ensure all ADA laws are followed regarding service parameters, eligibility, conditions of eligibility, suspensions, denial of services and appeals.
- Oversee the scheduling and facilitation of all appeals to ADA eligibility decisions.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university). Five (5) to seven (7) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a public transportation environment is preferred.
Go to www.ridetherapid.org/jobs for a full job description.
The Rapid is an EEO Employer – Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply.