Organization: Transit Supervisor
Location: Torrance, Calif.
Deadline: The application filing period closes Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 5:30 P.M.
Salary: $29.45 – $35.82 Hourly
Description: Torrance Transit is currently recruiting a Transit Supervisor who finds reward in leading and coaching a team of bus operators and dispatchers working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. “The Mission of Torrance Transit System is to provide safe, reliable, inexpensive and courteous transportation to our customers – the people who live, work and do business in the City of Torrance and the region.”
Duties and Responsibilities: In this assignment, you will be supervising the day-to-day operations, such as overseeing scheduling and assignment of vehicles and personnel and conducting accident investigations. This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the best in the transit industry with an agency that has prided itself as a service focused organization to the community and the region for over 75 years.
Qualifications: Experience: Three years of full-time experience in the operation of motor coaches, including one year of supervisory or lead experience. License: A valid California Class B driver’s license, current Department of Motor Vehicles Medical Certificate, and a current Verification of Transit Training Certificate.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Public Transportation experience;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation, Transit Security Administration, and Federal Transportation Administration rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications such as TrapezeOPs, CleverCAD, Cleverworks, FleetFocus;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to respond effectively in unplanned and emergency situations;
- Ability to administer policies, procedures, and rules;
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization;
- Experience with in-service training of bus operators;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates must submit an online application and supplemental questionnaire at www.TorranceCA.Gov/Jobs.
Only those candidates who best meet the City and Department’s needs will be invited to participate in the examination process, which will consist of the following components:
- Written Test: Qualifying (Dec. 5, 2019)
- Performance Exam/Work Sample: weighted 50 percent (Dec. 18, 2019)
- Oral Exam: weighted 50 percent (Dec. 18, 2019)
Special notes: Applicants may apply every six months for this position.
Positions under this classification perform “Safety Sensitive” functions as defined by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and are subject to Federal drug and alcohol testing. Pursuant to the US DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Regulations – 49 CFR Part 40, Federal Regulations do not authorize the use of Schedule 1 drugs, including marijuana and CBD products, for any reason. As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment medical examination, a DOT drug and alcohol test, and a background investigation.
Applicants with disabilities who require special testing arrangements must contact Human Resources.
As a condition of employment, candidates must pass a background check and a pre-employment medical examination.
The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provisions contained in this announcement may be modified or revoked without notice.
3231 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503