Location: Boone County, Missouri
Deadline: open until filed
Description: OATS Transit is seeking an experienced and analytical Finance Director with strong numerical skills to drive our organization’s financial operations. Duties of the Finance Director include all financial reporting procedures, supervising accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, setting financial targets, monitoring cash flow, evaluating investments, overseeing annual audits, monitoring expenditures, and working with the Board of Directors and Executive Team. The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills.
- Build, prepare and present the annual budget.
- Responsible for the planning and supervision of the accounting department and the department’s work load. This would include, but not limited to, the following: act as liaison with outside accounting firm in the preparation of tax reports; coordinate the billing process with our funding agencies and review billing; assure correct completion of miscellaneous governmental reports; establish and maintain adequate financial records and filing systems, and data processing and storage systems.
- Prepares monthly financial and analytical reports for Board of Directors and management staff.
- Responsible for development of rates and budgets, financial information for proposals to funding agencies and applications for federal grants/funds.
- Responsible for cash flow management.
- Responsible for the hiring and periodic evaluation of accounting staff and handling problems which may arise in the accounting department.
- Responsible for keeping the Executive Director informed of all financial matters, bus activity, and any activities as they relate to the well-being of the corporation.
- Responsible for monitoring contract drawdowns from billing documents and notifying the Executive Director of need to adjust service levels.
- Oversight of OATS Transit’s Investment activities.
- Administration and oversight of OATS Transit’s 457b Executive Retirement Plan.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, AND 5+ years’ experience in public accounting with management experience.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Experience with federal grant process and nonprofit regulations.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, data processing, auditing principles and accepted business practices.
- Ability to analyze fiscal data and related operational methods.
- Ability to formulate appropriate fiscal procedures.
- Ability to apply and adapt established methods to a variety of fiscal transactions.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise people and be attuned to the employees’ needs.
- Ability to work effectively and to cooperate with other department directors, area managers, board of directors and funding agencies.
- Computer skills, including ability to oversee companywide system, SAGE accounting system, troubleshoot as problems arise, etc.
Application Procedure: Apply online here.