Leadership is an activity, a verb. If others are looking to you for answers, you are a leader regardless of your title or official position. These past few years have presented unusual tribulations. Leadership is mobilizing people to do tough work. Leveraging influence to encourage people to do things they may not do alone. Leadership is about dignity, the inherent worth of every person.
Leadership in transit is more than transporting people; it’s understanding the dignity of riders, and those who work in your agency. We want the future transit leaders to support their employees and assist riders in arriving at their dreams and not just their destination.
- Did you come up through the transit agency, start as a driver, bus cleaner, mechanic and now you find yourself managing people?
- Are you coming to transit as your 2nd career?
- Do you work for a state DOT, transit authority, public, or private transportation agency, and need more understanding of the daily demands of transit agencies?
- Do you want to learn how to develop people?
- Time for professional development?
- Do you find yourself wanting to move up but desire more skills?
- Do you want to assist your agency in establishing successful succession plans?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you should not hesitate to join Cohort 6 of CTAA’s Emerging Leaders Academy!