Manager, Business Development - NEMT
Organization: TripSpark Medical
Location: Locations in the U.S. and Canada. Remote Position
Deadline: open until filled
Description: TripSpark Medical seeks an experienced leader in the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Industry who is looking for a new challenge within a growing company in a fast-paced and exciting market. TripSpark, a Constellation Software Company (CSU;TSX), is an industry-leading people transportation software company with focused Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT – Medicaid & Medicare medical appointment and seniors transportation) solutions that assist the most vulnerable of our community to live in dignity and in health. We provide routing and scheduling software to coordinate the transportation needs for health providers, insurance companies, state and government entities as well as private transportation companies. On an average day we positively impact more than 25,000 people.
- Travel is required to support customer presentations, marketing efforts, trade shows and internal team meetings. Travel may at times be greater than 40% of your time.
- Ability to effectively time manage, delivering consistently to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presentation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong teamwork skills for cross-group cooperation
- Strong self-motivational drive – able to initiate and manage activities independently
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to multi-task (e.g., handle multiple projects at once)
- Must be able to handle an escalated situation independently without the support of management
- Technical aptitude
What you’ll love about us:
- We’re a dynamic, fast-paced team open to new ideas, love getting creative and trying new things (actually!)
- We are a focused and driven team with the resources to get it done.
- We are in a fast moving, ever-changing, and growing market!
- Flexible working hours, ability to work remotely, benefits from day 1, an education reimbursement program, free snacks and drinks, and more!
- Employee bonus plan
Duties and Responsibilities: As the Manager, Business Development – NEMT, you will play a key role within the leadership team and be responsible for driving our strategy, building relationships and improving our market share in the NEMT space.
You will have extensive experience within the NEMT industry, either running you own brokerage or working within one in leadership roles, and you have numerous industry relationships that you can leverage to drive growth in TripSpark Medical. You will know how the industry is structured, funded, and organized to deliver NEMT on a state by state basis. The Candidate also will have hands-on NEMT operational experience that will enable them to direct providers, brokers and MCOs as to how best to set up, structure and launch their NEMT services.
Reporting to the General Manager, TripSpark Medical, the role of the Manager, Business Development is to ensure that TripSpark is viewed as a thought and market leader in the industry.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, create and execute on a vision and strategy for TripSpark Medical in the NEMT space
- Using your expertise and industry (market) research, identify and understand market current and future needs and recommend strategies that address them
- Serve as the “bridge” between industry and TripSpark Medical
- Represent TripSpark as an industry and solutions expert for the Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Industry
- Advocate for our solutions to prospective clients, through existing and new relationships formed during the prospecting and sales cycle.
- Speak as a thought leader at industry conferences and webinars in front of large groups of attendees and executives
- Participate as a board member on key industry panels and organizations
- Present our solutions to C-level executives and prospects, and advise on key product suite demonstrations working closely with the sales team
- Work with marketing to create collateral to feed campaigns, trade shows and the web
- Work with the Senior Product Manager, define and validate the product and feature requirements so they meet market needs
- Gather and maintain knowledge of the competition and their respective offerings, developing competitive analysis and understanding key differentiators
- Ensure our value proposition is documented and communicated to sales, highlighting our strengths and our competitors’ weaknesses, and educating sales how to combat our weaknesses against competitors’ strengths
- Provide insight to the sales engineer in creating requirements matrices and RFP responses
- Act as an escalation contact on high priority and sensitive customer issues and projects
- Participate in requirement gathering and scoping trips with the project team
- Perform project management duties for the internal HIPAA compliance team
- Advise deployment with key customers/projects as guidance is needed
- Educate management and employees about the NEMT industry and trends
- Extensive experience within the medical and NEMT transportation industry in a leadership role (whether management or technical), including in depth knowledge of how the industry operates and applicable funding sources
- Existing network of relationships formed in the non-emergency medical transportation industry
- Degree/Diploma in business, computer information systems, or other business/technical degree OR degree/diploma in a non-technical discipline in combination with direct experience in the medical transportation management field
- The following are preferred but not mandatory:
- Prior experience with managing a software product or suite of products
- Knowledge of transportation or logistics computing software
- Familiarity with software development life cycle (SDLC), API’s, database systems, and high level software architecture
- Experience with HIPAA and security
Application Procedure: Please apply by visiting www.tripspark.com/careers. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.