Information Systems Help Desk Technician
Organization: Intercity Transit
Location: Olympia, Wash.
Deadline: Completed applications must be received by Friday, May 17 at 5:00 p.m. local time.
Salary: Wage range is $22.72- $30.67 hourly. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for overtime. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, various retirement benefit options in addition to Washington State PERS, as well as generous paid sick and vacation leave.
Description: Intercity Transit has an exciting opportunity, for a full-time Help Desk Technician in our Information Systems Division. This position is responsible for staffing the agency help desk and providing desktop and mobile device support. As well as, provide end user support in order to minimize disruption of services to help meet the agency goals and mission.
Build a career you enjoy, in an agency that is a nationally recognized small urban transit system with diverse services and strong community support. Intercity Transit provides fixed route transit, ADA paratransit and vanpool services in Washington state’s capitol city of Olympia in addition to the neighboring communities of Lacey, Tumwater, and Yelm. The overwhelming approval of a recent ballot measure will allow Intercity Transit to expand public transportation within the community, as well as, invest in technology that will support more robust transit services, including bus rapid transit and innovative demand response programs. This is an exciting time with great opportunities, and we invite you to join us in our mission to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community. Please visit our website at www.intercitytransit.com for more information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides Help Desk support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves various workstation issues.
- Performs system wide troubleshooting and maintenance, including assisting System Technicians/Analysts.
- Conducts preliminary investigation of user problems; seeks guidance on complex issues.
- Prepares and trains users on proper operation of IS check-out equipment.
- Creates standardized computer images and software installation packages for backup and recovery.
- Assists with conducting software testing and upgrades.
- Knowledge of system performance and reliability principles;
- Knowledge of applicable operating systems, hardware devices and drivers;
- Skilled in operating computers and related software applications (primarily Microsoft Office applications);
- Skilled in troubleshooting and resolving minor hardware, software and peripheral equipment issues;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to provide exceptional customer service;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Familiar with records management (for purposes of inventory);
- Associates degree or two-year technical certificate;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to work a shift anywhere from 6:00am to 7:00pm, to fit the needs of the agency.
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Application Procedure: Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com. A letter of interest and resume that includes your last ten years of work/school history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so an accurate and active email address is essential.