Organization: Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Deadline: open until filled
Description: Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia seeks a mobility manager to provide complex professional expertise supporting, coordinating, and promoting transportation options in its service area to include Chesapeake, Franklin, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and two counties: Isle of Wight and South Hampton County. Work is performed under general supervision, reporting to the Director of Transportation. Since 1968 Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia has been helping older adults and their care givers to live in the community with choice and dignity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitating local mobility planning and coordination, public outreach, and partnership building.
- Identify local mobility needs and create partnerships to fill gaps in service.
- Builds supportive community networks.
- Serves as the liaison/marketing leader to community leaders to demonstrate how transportation increases access to Care.
- Establish a community advisory committee and hold regular meetings.
- Develop and maintain a database of current transportation services.
- Identify opportunities to streamline eligibility processes.
- Provides direct outreach to area employment agencies to gain support for employer and employee transit programs.
- Performs additional tasks as required.
- Works with CEO and various departments to develop SSSEVA transportation plan to increase rural public transit service. for Franklin, South Hampton County, and Isle of Wight.
- Assist with some grant writing assignments for the transit department as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in, public administration, business, or closely related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Three (3) years’ of progressively responsible experience within public transit handling the day to day operations of human services transportation coordination or related field.
- Must possess a valid and current Virginia driver’s license, and meet the agency driving eligibility standards.
- Must have thorough knowledge of transit planning, and scheduling.
- Considerable marketing and business development skills.
- Considerable knowledge of modern business management principles and practices, computerized transit systems and record keeping, and current personnel management practices.
- Some Experience in program/project management.
- Understand the unique transportation challenges faced by persons with disabilities, older adults, Veterans, and other vulnerable populations.
- Must be able to address community transportation challenges and develop solutions that address unique community needs.
- Ability to successfully compile data and information for grants and fulfill reporting requirements.
- Effective written and oral communications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, community leaders, government representatives and customers.
- Must have ability to use personal computer and working knowledge of software programs used by the Agency.
Application Procedure: All applicants must apply online at our website on the employment page at https://ssseva.org/page/employment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. From time to time, the supervisor will ask job holder to perform additional duties related to the completion of the work.